[UA-discuss] [UA-EAI] WhatWG issue regarding <input type="email"> is open (#4562)

Larry Masinter LMM at acm.org
Thu Jun 11 19:02:43 UTC 2020

<input type=”email”> needs less validation because it’s a user input field. If you keep to strings that can be entered by normal field typing, you’ll never see any of the odd cases that you’d otherwise want to validate.

For initial creation of an EAI, if you want to create email addresses that others can use, make sure there’s a transcription step somewhere in the process of creation of the EAI

UA doesn’t mean universal acceptance of ALL