[UA-discuss] Call for Participation Reminder! - 44th Internationalization & Unicode Conference, Santa Clara, CA - October 14-16, 2020

Dina Solveig Jalkanen icann at thomascovenant.org
Tue Mar 10 13:50:31 UTC 2020

Hi Jim,

I checked out the last year's program - do you know where one can find
the talks/conference publications online? Best of luck to those who
submitted a talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKwaomsXnwc :)

Many thanks,

Thomas

On 4.3.2020 4.10, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:

> Hello, UA Colleagues:
>
> I want to be sure this group sees the call for participation for the
> Internationalisation and Unicode Conference, which takes place this
> October 14-16, 2020, in Santa Clara, California, USA. Do you want to
> propose a talk? If so, the deadline is this Friday, March 6, in the
> UTC-8 timezone.
>
> Many of you know the Internationalisation and Unicode Conference. For
> those who don't, it is a gathering of those who define The Unicode
> Standard for text, as well as architects of fonts, text rendering, and
> beyond that into software engineering aspects of internationalisation
> and localisation.  About 100% of the audience are solidly in favour of
> the values and goals of Universal Acceptance. However, much fewer than
> 100% know what the Universal Acceptance Group does, and what the
> current successes and obstacles are.  I think Universal Acceptance
> should not be absent from this conference.
>
> If anyone has questions about this conference, I have been attending
> for many years, and I would be happy to answer them. Others on this
> list are probably even more expert than I am.
>
> Best regards,
>       —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada

***
Thomas, friendly geek in Amsterdam Chaos
https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/User:Thomascovenant