[UA-discuss] Hope for safety and healthy.

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Fri Mar 27 04:21:15 UTC 2020

Dear all

Currently, the whole of India is under federal lockdown for a couple of
days, as Ajay mentioned. In my province (Kerala), we are cautiously
optimistic, as we had started the lockdown even earlier, and had followed
reasonably robust protocols for contact tracing, testing and quarantine.
This was on account of a large population of locals who work in the Middle
East, Europe and North America, and also because of we have a number of
international tourists who visit us at any given time.

The local IEEE community of engineers is working on several initiatives
such as a half-ventilator, 3D-printed N95 masks, CPAP machines etc apart
from software-based visualization/tracking applications, in anticipation of
a time when the health authorities may not be able to cope with the numbers
of patients with ARDS.

I do hope all of us are well and continue to keep well in these trying
times.

With kind regards,

satish