[UA-discuss] IDN treatment in Linkedin

Don Hollander don.hollander at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 18:41:48 UTC 2020

And this, succinct answer from John, is true for every organisation.

Which is why Dr Data's approach of generating demand through big customers
like government is still correct.

We have seen in India where he started with his local state and has moved to
influence the entire nation of India.

China is another effort.   Russia too.

That was the local initiative strategy set out a couple of years ago.

There have been some who have moved faster because it was the right thing to
do - Microsoft for example.   Google was an early leader mostly so that
their own IDN's would actually work.

The 'Why Bother' question needs to be answered.

Tough one to justify.

I still hope that the UASG will be able to help seed some of the largest
email software providers.