[UA-discuss] Opportunity to Join & Lead Working Groups | Execute Projects

Dr Ajay Data ajay at data.in
Thu Nov 26 10:14:39 UTC 2020

Dear UASG community members,

As we progress with promoting the Universal Acceptance (UA) of domain names and email addresses, we continue to undertake numerous studies to assess the gaps in UA and to help address them.  The UASG Working Groups are working hard to determine the work to undertake and diligently developing Statements of Work (SOWs) for these studies, which are then posted at the UASG wiki page to call for bids.  We are always looking for interested and competent parties to take up this work.  Feel free to contact ICANN org at UAProgram at icann.org if you are interested to work on any of the currently open items.

I am also writing to inform all of you that we are now calling for nominations for chairs and vice-chairs of all the four UASG working groups: UA Technology WG, UA EAI WG, UA Measurement WG and UA Communications WG, following the annual cycle as specified in their charters.  The nominations and discussions on WG positions will be done within the WGs so please join their mailing lists in case you would like to participate in the process.  Here are the timelines:

30 Nov. 2020 (1200UTC) &ndash last date for self-nomination.  This can be done by emailing on the relevant WG mailing list with your own interest in chair or vice-chair position and sharing a short Statement of Interest in your email.
9 Dec. 2020 (1200UTC) &ndash last date to post your feedback on any of the self-nominated candidates on the emailing list of the relevant WG, to contribute towards developing a (rough) consensus for the candidates .

We are always looking for interested candidates who can volunteer their time and effort to promote UA.  Please consider participating .

We would also like to inform you that the current UASG leadership also finalizes its two years in March of 2021.  We would be starting the election process for the chair and vice-chair positions for next two years, and will be sharing more information about it early next year .

Thank you all for your continued efforts to promote UA.

Regards,Ajay DataChair - UASG

[XGENFOOTER]

[-XGENFOOTER]
Do not Remove: