[UA-discuss] email address in .family TLD rejected [was: Reddit thread]

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Thu Jul 29 07:18:47 UTC 2021

Thanks, Michele, to bring that again. I am not surprised, this is typical
issue that owners of email addresses, as this one, have with many
institutions.
What I wrote couple of years ago, still stands - you need to have a backup
email account, because your email address under a new gtld or idn domain
name is not acceptable everywhere.
It also means - your domain name is "half of the product" - still not
finished, the value is questionable and therefore hard to sell. 28.000
domain names under .family is quite success...
There's interesting parallel about this, without any intention to enter
into politics:
The reasoning to not fix the issue because of low number of domain names in
.family is quite similar to the way how some autocratic regimes threat
minorities. And that's a form of racism towards new gtlds and idns, but
above that - not applying "international laws" (standards). Sounds
familiar? ;)

Cheers,
Dušan

čet, 29. jul 2021. 07:01 Jim DeLaHunt via UA-discuss <ua-discuss at icann.org>