[UA-discuss] 45th Internationalization & Unicode Conference – Call for Participation (deadline [26] March)

Jim DeLaHunt list+uasg at jdlh.com
Mon Mar 22 23:12:25 UTC 2021

I just received a notice that the deadline to propose sessions for
Internationalisation and Unicode Conference (IUC45) has been extended to
this Friday, March 26, 2021. Details at
https://www.unicodeconference.org/call-for-participation.htm .

For my part, I am proposing three topics, in the hopes that the Program
Committee will accept at least one but not all three:

 1. A tutorial on the basics of Universal Acceptance
 2. A report on the top news in Universal Acceptance from the past year
 3. A discussion of Hosting Globally Inclusive (i.e. EAI) Email
    Mailboxes, drawing on the excellent recent work of the EAI WG

I plan to put out calls for suggestions and reviews to the list (and the
EAI WG for #3) when it comes time to write. If anyone is interested in
making your own proposal, I encourage you to go ahead. If anyone is
interested in working with me on any of these proposals, let's talk.

Best regards,
     —Jim DeLaHunt, software engineer, Vancouver, Canada