[UA-discuss] Testing Websites and Social Media Platforms - RADIX

Harish Chowdhary harishc at cdac.in
Wed Nov 17 17:23:27 UTC 2021

Wonderful work Aman.

Thanks,
Harish Chowdhary

On November 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM Samcilla via UA-discuss <ua-discuss at icann.org>
wrote:

>  Thanks for sharing Aman. Great insights.
>

>  Sincerely,
>  Samuel Osei Mensah
>  e: ads at netbuzzafrica.com <mailto:ads at netbuzzafrica.com>  |
> 7M at pivotdigitalmedia.tk <mailto:7M at pivotdigitalmedia.tk>
>  | News Media <https://netbuzzafrica.com/>  | Creative Media
> <https://pivotdigitalmedia.tk/>  | Digital Radio
> <https://radio.netbuzzafrica.com/>  |
>  [Facebook icon] <https://facebook.com/samcillabaakojr>     [LinkedIn icon]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/samcillabaakojr>     [Twitter icon]
> <https://twitter.com/samcillabaakojr>     [Youtbue icon]
> <https://www.youtube.com/netbuzz>     [Instagram icon]
> <https://www.instagram.com/samcillab2131>     [Logo]
> <https://pivotdigitalmedia.tk/>
>  [Banner]
>  The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient
> specified
>  in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message
> with
>  any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received
> this
>  message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its
> deletion,
>  so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.
>
>  On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 10:52 AM Aman Masjide via UA-discuss <
> ua-discuss at icann.org <mailto:ua-discuss at icann.org> > wrote:
>    > >    Hey Team,
> >
> >    Hope you all are well.
> >
> >    Over the past year and a half, we at RADIX have been trying to put a
> > customer's hat on and proactively detect possible UA issues that a nTLD
> > customer would face. This led us to do testing of 700+ websites for their
> > apparent UA readiness and also the top 10 Social media platforms.
> >
> >    The testing initially started with 2 people but the contribution towards
> > the UA project can be attributed to the entire team. We have had 2 testers,
> > 2 project managers, the entire content and PR team(for flagging UA issues)
> > and business and brand teams staying alert about potential UA issues.
> >
> >    We have compiled two reports for UASG, one focussing on our website
> > testing project and the other testing of social media platforms. We have
> > also given links and access to the necessary raw files where the results are
> > recorded. We have also mentioned some recommendations for the UASG as this
> > project did not simply end at testing. A great push was given to reach out
> > to site owners to fix their apparent UA compatibility issues and we also
> > recorded the challenges faced so far.
> >
> >    Hoping to have a larger discussion around the recommendations and
> > observations noted in the report.
> >
> >    Thanks and Regards,
> >
> >    --
> [...]

Technology Analyst
Internet Governance Division (IG-SIM)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Government of India
Electronics Niketan 6 CGO Complex
New Delhi - 110003 ( India )
[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]