[UA-EAI] Re : Re: Quick Guide to EAI

Dr. AJAY D A T A ajay at data.in
Thu Dec 15 10:20:00 UTC 2016

An EAI address can be in following form while receiving from various email clients / servers.

उपयोगकर्ता@ xn--p1b6ci4b4b3a.xn--11b4c3d   (local part in Unicode,domain part in puny code)
उपयोगकर्ता@उदाहरण.कॉम (both part in Unicode)
 xn--p1byf7c1a4aj7iyexa@ xn--p1b6ci4b4b3a.xn--11b4c3d  (both part in puny code , theoretical it is wrong as local part can not be in punycode)
xn--p1byf7c1a4aj7iyexa@उदाहरण.कॉम (local part in punycode,domain part in Unicode, theoretical it is wrong as local part can not be in punycode )
?utf-8?B?5biw5Y2X55yf5piH?=@mattkeenan.net (local part in Unicode encoded with base64, domain part in ASCII)
?utf-8?B?5biw5Y2X55yf5piH?=@उदाहरण.कॉम  (local part in Unicode encoded with base64, domain part in unicode)
?utf-8?B?5biw5Y2X55yf5piH?=@ xn--p1b6ci4b4b3a.xn--11b4c3d   (local part in Unicode encoded with base64, domain part in punycode)
test at xn--p1b6ci4b4b3a.xn--11b4c3d (local part in ASCII ,domain part in puny code)
test@उदाहरण.कॉम ( local part in ASCII , domain part in Unicode) .

and XgenPlus (email server) and Spamjadoo (antispam) do support all of them.

Dr. Ajay DATA  | Founder &amp CEO

Get email id like अजय@डाटा.भारत in your own language,visit www.xgenplus.com

From: Lars Steffen   MailId : [64366341]To: "Tan Tanaka,Dennis" ,Don Hollander ,"ua-eai at icann.org" Subject: Re: [UA-EAI] Quick Guide to EAIDate: 15 Dec 2016 03:40:08 PM

Hi Don,
First of all it looks great &ndash thank you for this. Next to the points already mentioned and discussed I just want to add that we should link to the &ldquogood practice guides for Linkification&rdquo and &ldquogood practice guides for validation of domain name&rdquo mentioned on page 2 .
All best,
Lars

Von: ua-eai-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ua-eai-bounces at icann.org] Im Auftrag von Tan Tanaka, Dennis Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2016 22:40 An: Don Hollander  ua-eai at icann.org Betreff: Re: [UA-EAI] Quick Guide to EAI

Don,

Some comments:

1.       In the example, under &ldquousername&rdquo it is suggested that &ldquopunycode&rdquo (i.e. xn--abc123) is acceptable. IMO, this is wrong. I&rsquom almost sure the protocol doesn&rsquot require this .
2.       Same thing for second-level and top-level domains. We should not encourage software to display the A-label to end users. A-label is for the wire. Users should see only the U-label. After all , UA is about processing and displaying domain names in a proper manner .
3.       EAI is about Unicode, so not sure why the &ldquoASCII or Unicode&rdquo bullet points. This can be interpreted that ASCII-only email addresses are EAI too .
4.       Since we are mentioning the idea of an authoritative list of TLDs, we should point the reader where to find one .

My two quick cents,
Dennis

From: ua-eai-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org> Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 3:48 PM To: "ua-eai at icann.org" ua-eai at icann.org> Subject: [EXTERNAL] [UA-EAI] Quick Guide to EAI

Dear all:

Here&rsquos the finished (I hope) product &ndash Quick Guide to EAI .

Can you please review and provide comments (including endorsement) by the end of this week?

Thanks .
 Don