[UA-EAI] Moving Forward (slowly)

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Sun Sep 25 05:23:33 UTC 2016

Thank you all for your patience.

Here are some thoughts:

There are a growing number of EAI enabled services
Two new ones recently identified in India
Yandex actively working on it
Looking to develop the following documents (your thoughts please)
Quick Guide to EAI - aimed at developers of boutique mail applications - client and servers
Detailed Guide to EAI - which will include
a Debugging Guide,
How to Read logs,
how to read message headers,
how to read SMTP debugging messages,
How to handle non-eau nodes,
Searching & Sorting - how to deal with Punycode/Unicode
Other things that you would like to see?
Email application evaluation for EAI Readiness -
do we need to do this?
What does the Help Wanted ad include?
EAI Gathering
I’d like to consider having an EAI gathering in Silicon Valley December 12th.  This is just after the IGF and there will be a number of people with interest in this space going to the IGF.  Your thoughts?
People
If we do the above (develop some guides, do product evaluations - we’ll need someone with the right skills to do.  Do you know anyone?

Perhaps we can engage via email rather than schedule a call.  Let’s see if we get a few more folks involved.

Don

Don Hollander
Universal Acceptance Steering Group
Skype: don_hollander