[UA-EAI] Re : Normalisation norms

deepak deepak.singhal at dil.in
Wed Apr 19 07:59:30 UTC 2017

Hi Don,      The email address you have mentioned are treated differently on email server.       don.hollander at gmail.com,don_hollander at gmail.com and  donhollander at gmail.com are different mail box.      RegardsDeepak Singhal.

From: Don Hollander   MailId : [68280110]To: "ua-eai at icann.org" Subject: [UA-EAI] Normalisation normsDate: 19 Apr 2017 12:55:19 PM During last week&rsquos discussion we talked about normalisation of case (upper case/lower case) and we affirmed our suggestions outlined in the Quick Guide to EAI.

What are people doing about punctuation within a mailbox name?

I THINK that Google strips all punctuation marks when finding the mailbox to deliver to.  Thus, don.hollander at gmail.com = don_hollander at gmail.com = donhollander at gmail.com

Is this another Good Practice to include in our EAI guides?

Don

Don Hollander
Universal Acceptance Steering Group
Skype: don_hollander