[UA-EAI] UASG014-Quick Guide to EAI - Now in UASG Template

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Tue Aug 22 08:15:09 UTC 2017

Here’s the latest version of UASG014.

We’ve made some changes since the Seattle meeting and have been waiting for a UASG Report Template.

We’ll publish this on the website next week.  It’s short, so if you want to have a re-read this would be the time to do it.

Abdalmonem Tharwat Galila has made some comments recently:

,,Don’t issue mailbox names which will duplicate other mailbox names which have the
same characters but different cases (e.g. “user at example.TLD <mailto:user at example.TLD>”) and
“uSer at example.tld <mailto:uSer at example.tld>”).,,

As we agreed there is no lower and upper case in Arabic but there are variants “may be same shape but diffent code points depends on the keyboard used”
, so my qustion now how could we handle that in EAI ? “may user Pakistanin guy tried to access his mail from my machine and write letter that looks similar but can not access à lack of reachability”

also

Do we want to suggested an alternative encoding scheme (other than punycode) for mailbox names?

Please note that
Don Hollander
Universal Acceptance Steering Group
Skype: don_hollander