[UA-EAI] [Ext] UASG014-Quick Guide to EAI - Now in UASG Template

Stuart Stuple stuartst at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 22 13:44:38 UTC 2017

On the Arabic script question, the variants are most often for differing languages. From work I've done in terms of supporting the writing system across cultures, saying that the letters are the "same" can be seen as very culturally insensitive.

What advice are we giving for "Bjoern" versus "Bjørn" versus "Bjœrn"? (Please accept this as a metaphor and recognize it's not even 7am here as I write this. I'm sure there are better Latin script examples but this one came easily to mind.)