[UA-EAI] Re : Re: Re : Re: [Ext] EAI Working group Archives

Dr Ajay Data ajay at data.in
Fri Nov 10 06:13:20 UTC 2017

Discussing EAI during M3AAWG will be very good. Thank you very much sir.

Dr. Ajay DATA  | Founder &amp CEO

Get email id like अजय@डाटा.भारत in your own language,visit www.xgenplus.com

From: Barry Leiba   MailId : [75424965]To: Dr Ajay Data Cc: "john r. levine" ,john c klensin ,mark svancarek via ua-eai Subject: Re: Re : Re: [UA-EAI] [Ext] EAI Working group ArchivesDate: 10 Nov 2017 08:12:36 AM
I&rsquoll shortcut John&rsquos response by just saying two things:

1. There is a reason the eai working group decided that a downgrade standard was not going to work *in general* and abandoned it.  It would take a truly innovative solution that makes us all slap our heads and say, &ldquoWhat a GREAT idea!  I wish we had thought of it,&rdquo to make us try that again .

But, happily,. .

2. Ajay says, &ldquoFortunately, if we can addresses 5-7 email products, we are done by more than 80% of the world, rest everyone can follow,&rdquo and that is the key.  We are far better served by getting EAI standards deployed than by trying to patch together a downgrade kludge that works enough of the time to be useful.  Especially so with the observation that if we can get just a handful of systems to support it, we&rsquore most of the way there .

To that end, I can start working with M3AAWG to try to get Google, Yahoo, AOL, and Microsoft to move on it, in addition to the smaller M3AAWG players.  The next M3AAWG meeting is in Feb in SF, and we can start prep work now by scheduling a session about EAI and UA there .

Barry