[UA-EAI] Question re: wording in UASG 007

Evan Hanson evanh at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Aug 2 22:04:12 UTC 2018

UASG 007 version 9, page 24 reads:

"Robust UA-ready software and services may be able to handle and treat
all these formats identically, even those which are not RFC-compliant.
Nevertheless, UA-ready software should not generate true EAI email
addresses only."

Should this rather be "should generate true EAI email addresses only",
without the negation? This section is discussing the handling of
IDN-style vs. EAI addresses and seems to be driving at Postel's Law, so
I find the "not" confusing, but I may be misunderstanding.

For reference, I'm looking at this document:
https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/UASG007-version-9-2017-02-02.pdf.
The translated versions say the same.

Thanks,

Evan