[UA-EAI] EAI Phases

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Mon Aug 6 18:45:00 UTC 2018

Evan:

Further to your report, please note that we have started talking about two different 'phases' of EAI Readiness for software.

Being able to 'Send To' and 'Receive From' EAI addresses is considered Phase 1 EAI Ready.

Being able to 'Host' an EAI Address is considered Phase 2 EAI Ready.

We need to be clear in the evaluation results (and the process).  An application that is Phase 1 EAI Ready is indeed an achievement and we want to note that.

An application that is also Phase 2 EAI Ready is a splendid achievement, but there are far fewer services or software that claim to support this.

I would be surprised if an application is Phase 2 EAI ready and not Phase 1 EAI Ready, but I suppose that's possible.

Don Hollander
Secretary General - UASG
Skype: Don_Hollander