[UA-EAI] EAI Phases

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Tue Aug 7 14:44:03 UTC 2018

In article <20180807022033.GA1751 at evanh.dynamic.wgtn.cat-it.co.nz> you write:
>By my reading an MUA would be entirely Phase 1 since it isn't "hosting" anything per se.
>
>ISTM the Phase 2 distinction applies mainly to mail service providers, software with an MDA component,
>and IMAP/POP servers.
>
>Is that right?

That seems overly pedantic.  If an MUA can send mail to bøb at exámple.com, that's phase 1.
If it can handle the mailbox for bøb at exámple.com, and send and receive mail for that address,
that's phase 2.

Like I said, it seems unlikely that to do one but not the other, but
it's different code in different places in the MUA, so I would want to
check and see what they did.

R's,
John