[UA-EAI] Email Software and Services to be tested

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Wed Jan 24 22:51:15 UTC 2018

In article <F61745FB-0E6B-47C9-9928-FCF9D1BE3A77 at icann.org>, Don Hollander  <don.hollander at icann.org> wrote:
>There is also a cost to performing an evaluation.
>I'm less inclined to evaluate everything, particularly where there is little usage.

It might be useful to put a column into the spreadsheet with an estimate
of how widely used the software or service is, perhaps, log of the number
of mailboxes that use it.

That can still be misleading, e.g., for port25 the number would be zero because it's
outgoing only even though mailers probably use it to send a billion messages a day.

R's,
John