John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Sat Apr 27 00:43:17 UTC 2019

In article <2189ae2a-adcd-119d-9d0d-d19d16544110 at ix.netcom.com> you write:
>Making a start:
>
>* How to handle illegal sequences in complex scripts?

Don't Do That.

>* How to handle non-standard sequences in complex scripts?

Don't Do That, either.

We know that it is technically valid to put a close paren in an ASCII
mailbox name, but no sensible person expects that to work, and I can't
get too upset at web forms or whatever that don't allow them.* I think
we can avoid a lot of pain by starting with the assumption that EAI
addresses will be something that looks plausible in some natural
language.

R's,
John

* - on the other hand, hyphens and + signs are fine