[UA-EAI] Seeking input UA-readiness of Open Source Code

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Sun Sep 1 21:07:58 UTC 2019

On Sunday 1 September 2019 19:34:59 CEST, Asmus Freytag wrote:
> The challenge might be to define a signature to scan for for
> the first category to determine whether its a conduit for EAI.
> Are there API calls that would be indicative?

No. EAI is designed such that APIs tend to need no changes. This is on
purpose. For example, a java app that supports email object may use a
validation class called 'Email'. If the framework version is new enough to
support EAI, then the app's Email objects perform a somewhat different
validation than if not. The app itself doesn't really notice any difference
(the Email class is framework-provided, it's not in the app).

No difference, that is, except that the developers likely haven't tested
with EAI addresses. The second commandment of my religion is "that which
hasn't been tested yet doesn't work yet". There always is some spoilsport
detail.

Arnt