[UA-EAI] Seeking input UA-readiness of Open Source Code

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Mon Sep 2 07:08:25 UTC 2019

In article <46afdf29-f7fd-4e71-9947-fe3a5941eb2e at gulbrandsen.priv.no> you write:
>No. EAI is designed such that APIs tend to need no changes.

That's a rather debatable assertion.  I suppose it might be so in a
world where everyone supports EAI, or in a trivial application that
sends one message to one address, but in this world where we will have
a mix of EAI and ASCII mail for the forseeable future, EAI software
will have to deal with failures that ASCII mail doesn't.

Even with one message to one address, applications will see new
errors if they send an EAI message to an ASCII address that happens
not to support EAI.

R's,
John