[UA-EAI] WhatWG issue regarding <input type="email"> is open (#4562)

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sun Jun 7 03:23:19 UTC 2020

On 07/06/2020 11:41, Mark W. Datysgeld wrote:
> Following up on John, I got the same impression when discussing with them last year's email acceptance research, from which our key suggestion was adding input type="eaimail".
>
> The question remains: what browser vendor would we be most likely to convince

I know (from discussions on this list) that Microsoft implemented EAI on
their mail servers. They might therefore be inclined to invest some work
into Edge. Similar arguments might apply to Google and Chrome, but I'm
not sure about the status of Gmail.

> and spend a lot of resources doing that?

It's definitely not nothing, but it's not "a lot of resources", either.
If we present it like this, it will be difficult to move forward.

> I still stand by the idea that, on the Web front, this ks the most valuable task we can perform.

I agree.

Regards,   Martin.