[UA-EAI] New email app

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt at gulbrandsen.priv.no
Mon Jun 29 07:52:25 UTC 2020

It was I who did it.

It is a matter of experience and a number of
simple checks. You connect to the SMTP server, notice the version and
know whether that supports EAI. (In this case it does: I wrote that.)
Find out what framework is being used (there is a tool called builtwith
that helps), and know that framework and the culture around it well
enough to guess what versions of what libraries are needed. (In this
case, they use Ruby, Rails, Actionmailbox and Mikel-Mail, which got EAI
support in 2017.)

It is the kind of thing that is simple with
expertise, but a little difficult to nail down. You just look at it and
recognise it, sort of.

My guess is that they're missing EAI support in
the spam filter, and that's all. But I can send mail and find out when
I am back at my desk in a few days.

Arnt