[UA-EAI] [Ext] EAI tests and testing

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Sun Nov 20 00:52:43 UTC 2022

It appears that Arnt Gulbrandsen via UA-EAI <arnt.gulbrandsen at icann.org> said:
>I’ve looked at this, and while the code’s correct and its utility is more than zero, I don’t think it covers a noticeable part of the questions in the self-certification.

The code does most of the mail tests in UASG021A other than the MUA tests which I couldn't
figure out how to automate.

If you want to see if that your MTA, MSA, or MDA is EAI compatible, and your server
is reaasoably close to working, they should be able to do the job.

A lot of packages that claimed to support EAI don't very well and
particularly for IMAP servers there is considierable code to work
around server bugs so it can recover from server failures and do
more of the tests.

R's,
John