[UA-EAI] Stackoverflow and ChatGPT

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Thu Feb 2 00:15:38 UTC 2023

> Le 1 févr. 2023 à 18:58, Mark Svancarek (CELA) via UA-EAI <ua-eai at icann.org> a écrit :
>
> You may recall that one of our recent EAI projects was to update the obsolete and incorrect guidance on sites like Stackoverflow and Serverfault regarding Universal Acceptance.  You may also recall that the policies and processes of such sites made it almost impossible to update old conversations like the ones discussing parsing and validating email addresses.
>
> I wonder if we will have a new opportunity to address this problem.

I’m sure you had in mind when sending your email that it will start a debate… ;-) So I’ll start.

As you may know, chatGPT is based on a trained model with a gigantic source of information. So if chatGPT does not give proper information, it won’t be more simple to update it, as it depends on OpenAI algorithm and procedure to update its training model.

Here is an example of the “limitations” of chatGTP as it currently stands… As you can see, not very useful!

Marc.