[UA-EAI] SOW E.2.1

Arnt Gulbrandsen arnt.gulbrandsen at icann.org
Tue Jul 25 11:26:56 UTC 2023

Hi,

I see the E.2.1 SOW draft contains a suggestion to build ready-to-use server images, or docker images, that includes proprietary commercial software. I’m afraid ICANN won’t be able to do that. Nothing against any of the software involved, but ICANN can’t pay for packaging or distributing it.

The stuff ICANN pays for packaging/distributing has to be open source. I suppose it might be possible to add wording to the report, “xgenplus/coremail/… has also made available a similar docker image for evaluation, which you can download at https://...”, but ICANN can’t pay the work to build that docker image or host the download site.

--
Arnt Gulbrandsen
UA Technology Sr. Manager, ICANN