[vip] FW: ICANN News Alert -- Public Comment Open on Initial Report from the GNSO's PDP Working Group on Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Dec 16 16:09:33 UTC 2014

Paul

The entire concept is a really bad idea.

If I choose to use the Irish language version of my name and address I'm legally entitled to do so.

I'd be rather annoyed if someone were to translate or transliterate my details into English

And English is my first language - I'd imagine anyone who speaks other languages etc., would be more upset than me

Also, who is going to pay for this?

Who benefits from it?
The registrar doesn't, the registry doesn't and the registrant doesn't
Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon