[WP1] Comment on various discussion of membership model

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Apr 10 17:03:19 UTC 2015

Paul — Greg’s answer is what I was thinking, too.
When you get a chance, look at the lawyer docs regarding Member and Designator models.

Best,
Steve
—
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org<http://www.netchoice.org/> and http://blog.netchoice.org<http://blog.netchoice.org/>
+1.703.615.6206

From: Greg Shatan
Date: Friday, April 10, 2015 at 12:51 PM
To: Paul Twomey
Cc: "wp2 at icann.org<mailto:wp2 at icann.org>", "wp1 at icann.org<mailto:wp1 at icann.org>"
Subject: Re: [WP1] Comment on various discussion of membership model

Paul,

I think this is a little different than past thoughts on membership.  What is being considered here is that current ICANN entities (e.g., SO/AC/SG/C/RALO organizations) would themselves be the members.  This has its issues, but it probably avoids most if not all the issues you cite.  Further, I don't think anyone is looking to change the current open participatory model.

Best regards,

Greg Shatan

Apologies for brevity.

Gregory S. Shatan ï Abelman Frayne & Schwab

Partner | IP | Technology | Media | Internet

666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621

Direct  212-885-9253 | Main 212-949-9022

Fax  212-949-9190 | Cell 917-816-6428

gsshatan at lawabel.com<mailto:gsshatan at lawabel.com>

ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com<mailto:gregshatanipc at gmail.com>

www.lawabel.com<http://www.lawabel.com/>