[WP1] Proposed Agenda + some papers: WP1 call #9 Mon 13 April @ 20h UTC

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Mon Apr 13 12:34:29 UTC 2015

Dear Jordan, Dear all,

The documents have been added to the WP1 Documents page - https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP1+Draft+Documents
See below wiki links -
Preserving AoC Commitments in ICANN Bylaws
DOC - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52888421/2015-04-13-PreservingAoCCommitmentsinICANNBylaws-submitted.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1428927255332&api=v2
PDF - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52888421/2015-04-13-PreservingAoCCommitmentsinICANNBylaws-submitted.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1428927271853&api=v2
Stress Test Bylaws Changes
DOC - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52888421/2015-04-13-StressTestBylawsChanges.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1428927207052&api=v2
PDF - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52888421/2015-04-13-StressTestBylawsChanges.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1428927223555&api=v2
Legal assessment
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52890082/Combined%20CCWG%20Cover%20Memo%20and%20Templates.pdf?version=3&modificationDate=1428797461000&api=v2

Best regards

Alice
From: Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz<mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>>
Date: Monday, April 13, 2015 2:37 AM
To: "wp1 at icann.org<mailto:wp1 at icann.org>" <wp1 at icann.org<mailto:wp1 at icann.org>>
Cc: "Rosemary E. Fei" <rfei at adlercolvin.com<mailto:rfei at adlercolvin.com>>, ACCT-Staff <acct-staff at icann.org<mailto:acct-staff at icann.org>>, Holly Gregory <holly.gregory at sidley.com<mailto:holly.gregory at sidley.com>>
Subject: [WP1] Proposed Agenda + some papers: WP1 call #9 Mon 13 April @ 20h UTC

Hi everyone

We need to change our agenda a bit for Monday. In particular, legal will not be presenting their proposed mechanism - they are focused on delivering a good presentation on this to the whole CCWG on Tuesday's call.

Due to that I haven't done an update to our comment document content and won't do that til after the CCWG meeting on Tuesday.

As a result I propose the following main agenda items, and a call that takes around an hour.

1. Any top level Q&A for legal advisors on their advice presented over the weekend regarding our proposed community powers - we will do half an hour on this only, and then pick it up after the CCWG fills in the rest of the gaps.

2. Any top level Q&A for legal advisors on their brief memo to us re our draft public comment document content - once again a brief chance for some clarifying questions.

3. Consider content for the public comment document:
a) the AOC incorporation
b) other changes indicated by the stress tests

Thanks to drafters these two are attached to this email, in word and pdf.

4. Our work plan
We will need to have another meeting later in this week to discuss what we do next - that could be fairly short but should probably aim for 21h on Wednesday since that slot worked.

I'll reconfirm the agenda 12h before the call or so (maybe 14h), so if you have any suggested items or changes, please let me know.

ICANN Staff - please post these on the Wiki in our working documents section and please circulate links to these, and to the legal memos, around the WP1 list ASAP.

thanks,

Jordan

thanks
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
InternetNZ

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz<mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
Skype: jordancarter

A better world through a better Internet