[WP1] V3 of First Public Comment Document input -- for WP1 call #10

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Wed Apr 15 11:48:24 UTC 2015

Many thanks Jordan for this outstanding work.

This is just to draw your attention on two items which are relevant to
WP1 work and are mentioned by the CWG. It might be good to ensure your
group is comfortable it can address this.

Best
Mathieu

> • ICANN budget (in particular, the requirement for transparency around
> cost allocation in relation to the IANA functions)
=> Relevant to the budget power of course

> Response: The CWG supports the idea of budget veto tool, and the CWG
> expects the CCWG to deliver on this ability for the community to veto
> the budget. Furthermore, with regards to the details to be provided in
> relation to the IANA budget, the CWG is expected to recommend as part
> of its transition plan that:
>
> 1. The IANA Function’s comprehensive costs should be transparent for
> any future state of the IANA Function.
>
> 2. Future FY ICANN Operating Plans & Budgets, and if possible even the
> FY16 ICANN Operating Plan & Budget, include at a minimum itemization
> of all IANA operations costs in the FY ICANN Operating Plan & Budget
> to the project level and below as needed.

> • Community empowerment mechanisms (in particular, relating to a
> confidence vote option) –

Relevant to the AoC incorporation section

Le 15/04/2015 12:30, Jordan Carter a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> Please find attached the following documents:
>
> - v3 of our public comment content, in PDF and .docx
> - a redline tracked changes compared with V2, in PDF and .docx
>
> *ICANN staff *- please put these docs on the Wiki asap, and circulate
> the links.
>
> *Please note - I have used Word to do this, and the document is not
> based on the Google document. Any comments on that document have,
> unfortunately, not been taken into account. Please advise ASAP if
> there are comments for me to take into account there.*
> *
> *
> thanks,
> Jordan
>

> --
> Jordan Carter
>
> Chief Executive
> *InternetNZ*
>
> 04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
> jordan at internetnz.net.nz <mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
> Skype: jordancarter
>
> /A better world through a better Internet /

Mathieu WEILL
AFNIC - directeur général
Tél: +33 1 39 30 83 06
mathieu.weill at afnic.fr