[WP1] 6.5.5. Nomcom Recall Procedure - suggestion

olivier.muron at orange.com olivier.muron at orange.com
Fri Apr 17 16:38:06 UTC 2015

Avri,

Thank you for your suggestion. I agree with the petition mechanism.

I think however that building a new adhoc NomCom is quite complex, and, in fact, I dont fully understand the rationale for it:

-          for directors appointed by SO or AC, that same organisation would decide the director's removal,

-          for directors nominated by the NomCom, one would have to create that new adhoc NomCom to decide. Why such a difference? The simplest is to keep the same NomCom (BTW NomCom composition is partially renewed every year...).

The comparaison with IETF is interesting but one must keep in mind that the selection of their NomCom members is a complex, random process (detailed in RFC 3797) while our NomCom members are directly selected by SO/AC/Constituencies in a transparent process. That makes quite a difference.

In conclusion, I feel fine with the petition process you are proposing, but I would leave the recall decision to the NomCom, with the composition it will have when the situation arises,

Best,
Olivier