[WP1] Content Draft with Comments and Tracked Changes - next (Final) draft out 0300 Friday UTC

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 04:27:54 UTC 2015

Roelof,

I would not say that we are not following counsels' advice.  I think we are
weighing counsels' advice.  Personally, I agree with counsels' advice and
think we should go in that direction.  That said, we have practical
difficulties to deal with, particularly how to turn the various SOAC
entities (and conceivably other entities in the ICANN universe) into
statutory members.  However, many of the same difficulties appear again if
we deal with turning SOACs into unincorporated associations to serve as
designators (as counsel advised).

As for being slow and time-consuming, I don't disagree.  This is
unfortunately the byproduct of having a large group making decisions, and
is not limited to legal advice.  I can't say I have a solution.  But I hope
we can work through decisions as expeditiously as possible without undue
haste.

Greg