[Party1] template - removal of ICANN directors - draft 1

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org.tn
Sat Feb 28 23:17:45 UTC 2015

Jordan,

In the description of the “Community can remove ICANN director(s)” template
(7A), when you say “end the term of one or all ICANN directors”, this means
that the removal can happen to one director or all the directors, but not to
2, 3 etc. members. What about “end the term of one ICANN directors or more”.

As for the standards against which the decision should be examined, I think
that  we need to define at lease high level thresholds for a recall. As you
said, the consequences are so considerable that we couldn’t let it open. I
do think that we may use here the 4 accountability purposes used in the
accountability definition.

Election/appointment by whom: Here, the election/appointment is for
replacement of the recalled director(s); so, in my opinion, it should be
done by the one who elected/appointed the recalled director.

Decision made by consensus or vote ?  If there is full consensus about
removing one or more Board Director(s), we will not need to vote. So full
consensus or vote.

Timeframe requirements: I think time frame here is related to the operation
of recalling. We can say for example that the replacement should be done as
soon as the recall is decided to avoid empty chairs on the board.

----

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605