[WP1] question about RySG comment on CCWG first draft

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Wed Jul 1 20:58:44 UTC 2015

Thanks Steve. My recollection is that the RySG expects the AoC CCT-RT to play an important role in reviewing the current New gTLD round. We also believe that future work by the GNSO to develop and/or refine policies governing future gTLD rounds will likely be necessary. We do not view the AoC reviews as unilateral or specific to ICANN as an organization, but a review is a review, and policy development is policy development. The AOC CCT-RT may inform future policy development, but they are not a replacement for the work of the GNSO. Does that help?

Regards,
Keith