[WP1] Removal of selected Board members - The CEO?

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Wed Jul 8 16:05:51 UTC 2015

Hi Alan,

We had discussions about this in Istanbul and my recollection is that :
- our group was not inclined to be able to remove the CEO (it's the
Board's role)
- we were aware of the need to organize a caretaker Board and flagged it
as needing further elaboration

Mathieu

Le 08/07/2015 17:56, Alan Greenberg a écrit :
> Now that I raised the issue, a few thoughts.
>
> I don't think we have contemplated the community having the ability to
> dismiss the President/CEO, and without that, I don't think we can
> remove an ex-officio member. Which raised the possibility of the
> President/CEO being the only Board member. We may need a new provision
> to ensure that in such a case, the P/CEO cannot act unilaterally as
> the entire Board. The ability to remove selected Board members already
> requires that we consider whether those left behind after some
> dismissals have sufficient critical mass to govern.
>
> Alan
>
> At 08/07/2015 11:22 AM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
>> A comment that Fadi made during the current US Congress Energy and
>> Commerce Committee hearing raises an issue. Is the President/CEO, and
>> Ex-Officio member of the Board, a Board member who can be selectively
>> removed?
>>
>> Alan

Mathieu WEILL
AFNIC - directeur général