[WP1] Agenda for Meeting #20 - 22 July @ 19h UTC

Samantha Eisner Samantha.Eisner at icann.org
Wed Jul 22 19:11:43 UTC 2015

Some of these are implementation details and should not be considered gating issues for moving forward, but I wanted to identify a couple of questions that come to mind in reading Izumi’s paper:

  1.  Given the waiting period, is it the intention that any Bylaws change approved by the Board will have an effective date of 15/30 days past approval (whatever the period identified) passes, so that there’s time for the community process to follow?
  2.  Are there any requirements that the issues raised as the reason for community rejection of the Bylaws be raised within the earlier public comment over the proposed Bylaws changes?
  3.  There is reference in here to changes to mission, commitments and core values – aren’t those to be included in the fundamental Bylaws and therefore subject to a different process?  Or is this about changes that might result in parts of the Bylaws not being consistent with the mission/commitments/core values?

Thanks,

Sam