[WP1] Update of Status / next work with WP1 documents

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Thu Jul 23 01:28:29 UTC 2015

Hi all

I thought it would be helpful to list and share my understanding of where
our WP1 documents are up to, to make sure others share my understanding.

The aim is to have as much processed following our WP1 call as possible to
be ready for the CCWG call (in 12 hrs from this email). Some won't be
sorted by then. Where that is the case, updated docs will be available for
discussion at WP1 on 27 July. The current drafts at close of play tomorrow
will be incorporated in the review draft for the lawyers, and we'll have
their feedback to hand on Tuesday.

I'll prioritise my time today from now on on the *recall of the ICANN
Board* power,
trying to de-lawyer it :-)

Anyhow:

Community Mechanism - general description: *Staff* returning an updated
draft to WP1 that incorporates the language changes agreed at Mtg #20
*and **will
go to discussion at CCWG on 23 July*.

Community Mech - ICANN Community Forum: *Staff draft pending, for
discussion/finalisation at Mtg #21 on 27 July **and **will go
to discussion at CCWG on 23 July*.

Community Mech - voting weights: *Staff draft pending, for discussion/
finalisation at Mtg #21 on 27 July and **will go to discussion at CCWG on
23 July*.

Community Power - Budget/Plans: *JC working with others to prepare a
revised draft,* for consideration ASAP and discussion/finalisation at Mtg
#21 on 27 July, *will also go to CCWG discussion on 23 July*

Community Power - standard bylaws: *JC to update *following discussion and
include petitioning process (though this may be standard across all
powers). *Not clear next step*.

Community Power - fundamental bylaws: *Steve and Grace* incorporate revised
text re ST18 on fundamental bylaws to actually explain the logic properly,
and recirculate. *Will go to CCWG for "any other comments" on 23 July*.

Community Power - removal of individual Director: *Jordan has updated and
circulated,* *will go to CCWG discussion on 23 July*.

Community Power - recall of ICANN Board: *Jordan *updating draft and will
circulate in ~8 hrs. *Will go to CCWG discussion on 23 July*.

AOC reviews into Bylaws: *Steve/Staff* prepping document disclosure
amendments, accepting final changes, for confirmation on list or at Mtg
#21, also *will go to CCWG for "any other comments" on 23 July*.

Please let me know any other outstanding items, or any corrections to the
above...

thanks
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *