[WP1] next steps.. weekend work on WP1 papers

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sat Jul 25 02:21:48 UTC 2015

Hi all

The lawyers have been sent a pack of documents for review over the weekend
which have been temporarily frozen for that purpose.

That means there is little point in me doing any editing work on docs that
will come back with edits and tracked changes from legal, where significant
changes aren't needed.

That means this weekend I won't do any work on the following:
- Community Mechanism description
- Fundamental Bylaws
- Standard Bylaws

As a result, and starting later than hoped, my plan today is to get out
just the following:

- some new text on the *ICANN Community Forum* for us to kick around

*Tomorrow*, I plan to work on the following:

- the ICANN Budget paper - will be *heavily revised*
- an updated section on *voting weights* in the Community Mechanism
- a *new* section introducing the Community Powers

Also, even though there are docs on these with the lawyers, I'll work off
the drafts that went to the lawyers and do some updates from our last
call/s (WP1 and CCWG) to the following:

- updates on Recalling the ICANN Board
- updates on Removing Individual ICANN Directors

I'll track changes on the last two against the documents that were sent to
the lawyers, some of which aren't the latest documents, to make the
comparison between what the lawyers come back with & these documents as
simple as possible.

cheers
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *