[WP1] New section - ICANN Community Assembly

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Jul 26 02:53:30 UTC 2015

Thank you Keith, Alan for these comments. I've attached some comments back
on them. All very helpful.

I'm sorry for the confusion around the Public Accountability Forum idea.
What I was trying to suggest was that that suggestion be incorporated in
the ICA so two "things" aren't being created.

>From memory, the notion of the Public Accountability Forum was to bring
together board, staff and the SO/ACs in a public exchange of views and
questions and comments about accountability issues - a sort of open round
table, done at an ICANN meeting once a year. The point was to help build
mutual accountability across the ICANN system, not just vertical
accountability - helping to solve the "who watches the watchers" conundrum.

This could easily be done under the umbrella of the ICANN Community
Assembly, perhaps with supplementary attendance or speaking rights e.g. for
more of the Board, maybe the SO/AC leadership as well.

But creating it as a separate beast seems pointless....

cheers
Jordan