[WP1] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for WP1 #13 - 1 June

Kimberly Carlson kimberly.carlson at icann.org
Sun Jun 14 16:46:39 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CCWG ACCT WP1 Meeting#13 - 13 June will be available here:

https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53777768

A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.

Thank you

Best regards,
Kim

ACTION Items

Notes
NOTES & ACTION ITEMS:
These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content
of the call and do not substitute in any way the transcript.

How are summaries been written, checking how these are being drawn up?
ready for the CCWG mtg on Friday in BA

Fiona has covered 11 and 12.  If time look at the updated comments from
Steve

Agenda accepted

Looked at WP2 for consistency of approach.  Present an overall impression
of the comments and the an overview of the comments:  No negative
operational impacts, and did want a budget and plan that takes into
account of all relevant community input. This a first draft review.

Roelof:  what are we seeing in the document?  All comments of WP2 or a
part?

Only a summary of the 22 comments lodged for Q8.  Suggest to prepare the
same style of comment for each section of questions.

Q. And additional elements that could be helpfully added?

Next.  Question 9.  Any comments?

Was there a more strongly worded objection in the previous - and suggest
need to not bury such strong divergence.  Surface and deal with out-right
opposition, and address.

When summarizing, please highlight outright divergence.

Anyone noticing such an issues/omission, please go in and enter a note
using track changes.

For example 278 stands out.

There areas where the commenter may have mis-understood our question.  But
an example, R Hill, the staff summary does not capture the whole of his
comment and the level of divergence.   How to capture that?

Reading the comments reveals subtleties that are otherwise missed from the
summary documents.

Summary of Q11.

The comments have been tagged, but more detail to summary impression would
be helpful.  Yes, will do before next call.

335.  USCIB.  Talking of spilling of entire board at 80% so is misplaced.
Not about removal of individuals.

If in the wrong place then highlight in yellow.  And inform
Adam/Alice/Jordan and where to move it to.

Summary of Q12.

Noting that this was a mechanism of last resort.  Will go back and add
summary for each of the comments.

Reasonable for the drafters to add a CCWG response for each comment.  We
will be publishing a review document.

359. Concern was around the issue of threshold.

AoC material.  Steve second draft that expands on the material.  Q13 and
comment 373.

Retaining Avri's language and took additional from the proposal.  Summary
at the top yet added.

R Hill, if  CA does not law give full powers then US may not be best
location?
Yes, to a person who is member and a legal person.
So not a disagreement or concern, there is no problem with CA location.

Differentiation between what Richard means about full-powers and what we
mean of the 5 things we want to do.

376, mistaken notion, that reviews are not proposed as being brought in as
they are.  And misunderstanding about the timing.

379 Govt of Spain.  Termination of AoC after the transition.  Do we make
changes in our next draft?  And this may be an issue for the agenda item
for Friday in BA.

Reg group. Inconsistencies.  Want the ability to sunset reviews, with
WHOIS a good candidate.

Do we think a community driven review is sufficiently bottom-up?
Trickiness on full bottom-up process, to some means the PDP process rather
than the review and AoC process.  Check what registries mean.

381.  JH.  Mistaken notion.  And mistaken notion that 8b was driving
changes, when it's in the current bylaws.  Not a disagreement or a concern.

382.  Explicit.  383.  Increase the time between reviews - does UK want
further apart?
USCIB.  Not feasible and appropriate, those words are from the AoC.  Do we
cut words as we bring them over from reviews

386 - Mistaken notion

Action: Avri and Steve will continue.

Action: Request to begin on the summary area.

223.  Asked for words from Sidley, and been provided. Clarification added.

Individual persons are legal persons

Once the summary is completed the collective process is more useful.
Review this content on Sunday 18:00 UTC call.  Agree?

Sunday:  Look at AoC in corporation.  Look at summaries on Director remove
section.  Look at the bylaws material.   And proposal section for CCWG to
look through in BA

AoB?

If you need to work in Word Doc, please work in track changes.

END