[Party1] template - consensus defined for ICANN dealing with GAC advice - draft1

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Mon Mar 2 09:51:04 UTC 2015

Dear Jordan,
The .doc and pdf. are available at https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP1+Draft+Documents
The Google link to template 4A - GAC consensus - can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RCdNc4CTpv73XVoUxlIDB0Q8TtDclEVEDiffJ9wv7P4/edit
Kind regards
Alice
From: Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz<mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>>
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2015 3:41 AM
To: "wp1 at icann.org<mailto:wp1 at icann.org>" <wp1 at icann.org<mailto:wp1 at icann.org>>
Subject: [Party1] template - consensus defined for ICANN dealing with GAC advice - draft1

Hi all

Attached is the second template I was drafting, trying to explain how the ICANN bylaws could define the level of consensus at which ICANN must take "due consideration" of GAC advice.

Please note that there will be sensitivities with this especially with the interaction with GAC decision making. I have tried to be very clear that this has no impact on GAC's decision making. I apologise in advance if in drafting this I have accidentally caused any offence or difficulties for any part of the ICANN community.

ICANN Staff - could you post these on the Wiki and create a google doc for future editing as well?

I look forward to your comments and thoughts and improvements!

best,
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
InternetNZ

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz<mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
Skype: jordancarter

A better world through a better Internet