[WP1] Possible WP1 meetings Sun 22nd and Mon 23rd November

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Thu Nov 19 21:47:02 UTC 2015

Hi WP1 members,

As you know, we will be sent the text of the Third Draft Proposal by the
end of day UTC on Friday 20th, and the working schedule has comments due
from the CCWG and its Work Parties by end of day UTC on Monday 23rd.

I'd like to foreshadow two chances for WP1 members to meet and talk about
our parts of the Third Draft proposal, and am flagging likely dates/times
as follows:

Sunday 22nd November 18-20h UTC
Monday 23rd November 07-09h UTC

We'll confirm these in the next few hours.

*If there is no interest, we'll just have very brief calls - but we should
do these so people who do want to talk through the text have the chance to
do so.*

The purpose of such calls will be to solicit feedback and discussion that
answers this question:

"Does the text fairly represent the CCWG's intended meaning - and if not,
what is being wrongly conveyed and what does it need to be fixed to convey?"

In other words - not an editing or red-lining discussion, but a test for
meaning and sensibility.

comments of course will also be welcome on the lists and all the input will
be woven into the subsequent final draft of this Third Draft Proposal. But
I figure some voice discussion will also be of use.

As these won't be decision-making discussions but feedback solicitation
ones, please don't feel alarmed if you aren't able to attend.

I do apologise for the late notice.

cheers
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *