[WP1] Suggested changes to CCWG proposal on Individual Director Removal

Cherine Chalaby cherine.chalaby at icann.org
Wed Oct 7 18:19:31 UTC 2015

Dear Mike and Greg,

Further to the yesterday’s  WP1 call, I wish to make suggestions for changes into the current CCWG proposal for Removal of Individual Directors.  Please consider my suggestions as input to the discussions and I look forward to continue to provide input as the discussions continue.   They represent my own personal views.

I sincerely hope that my suggestions will not be considered as conflicting with the CCWG objectives.    As I said yesterday on the call, I believe that, as stated in the Bylaws,  Directors must act in the collective interest of all Stakeholders and not the single interest of a single stakeholder.  I therefore strongly recommend that there should be a singular process for Director removal that applies to all Directors, with no differentiation as to the appointing body.  This will ensure that no Director can be subject to capture by his/her appointing body.   I also recommend that the decision to remove a director requires a 75% support of the SOs and ACs.

I am happy to answer any questions on my suggested changes.

Best Regards
Cherine