[WP1] Budget

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Thu Oct 8 10:18:18 UTC 2015

Tijani,

Somewhere in June, I wrote on this subject:

"Like I said this morning: if the community has to have it’s veto of the budget legally enforced, the disconnect between the board and the community is so complete, that the board would have to (be forced to) resign. So there’s no need at all for a condition that the mechanism should deliver full authority on the budget."

I am still of that opinion. If the community has the (enforceable) power to dismiss the board or part thereof, it has the ultimate power to steer any (important) process

Best,

Roelof