[WP1] Budget

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Fri Oct 9 17:30:49 UTC 2015

Hi Asha,

On 10 October 2015 at 06:28, Asha Hemrajani <asha.hemrajani at icann.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jordan, Greg and Jonathan
>
> <snip>

Jordan/Greg/Jonathan – I hear where you are coming from re veto being a
> last resort.  Speaking on my own behalf, I am not commenting on vetos on
> other items…but a veto on an annual budget which is so time sensitive and
> on such a short cycle, can be catastrophic fiscally.  I would shudder to
> think what would happen if budget was vetoed…I would rather work on text to
> ensure we don’t ever get to that stage.

If the Board persisted in pushing through a budget against all the advice
of the community through all the consultation processes that have been
discussed that led to a veto, and then another one, the Board would be the
making of its own problem. The Board, and nobody else, would be responsible
for whatever damage occurred.

Besides which, no damage would occur. The idea of a catastrophe is a
nonsense. All that would happen is the previous year's budget would roll
over.

Please stop dramatising this.

cheers
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *