[WP1] Budget

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Fri Oct 9 18:59:53 UTC 2015

The FY-16 budgeting process was a vast improvement over previous years. It included much greater detail, visibility and consultation earlier in the process. ICANN staff deserve kudos for this progress.

That doesn't take away from the CWG requirements or the necessary community powers identified long ago by the CCWG.

Speaking personally, I could live with indirect enforcement of a community budget veto, or operating plan veto  as Cherine has suggested. In my view, this is one of the reasons I believe the RySG could support a Sole Designator model as a compromise and hopefully consensus position.

Keith