[WP1] Sensible caretaker approaches where a budget veto was exercised

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:02:46 UTC 2015

Phil, Robin, James:

I agree with you.  On the other hand, if we are in fact in a negotiation,
we might be better off acknowledging that fact and changing our working
methods (and our method of working with our counsel) to engage fully and
forcefully in that negotiation.

While I've spent a lot of my working life engaging in negotiations and
advising clients in negotiations, the CCWG (and by extension the community)
is a peculiar type of client.  The closest analogy I can think of would be
a labor union or an industry group.  While I'm not sure we should go down
that route, a non-acknowledged negotiation between a large, distributed and
non-coordinated party, on the one hand, and a a smaller, more-coordinated
party, on the other hand, seems like a suboptimal scenario from the point
of view of the larger party.

Greg