[WP1] Call for Volunteers -- PC analysis

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at actonline.org
Tue Sep 29 22:59:56 UTC 2015

Yup

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Jordan Carter<mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
Sent: ‎9/‎29/‎2015 6:29 PM
To: wp1 at icann.org<mailto:wp1 at icann.org>
Subject: [WP1] Call for Volunteers -- PC analysis

Hi all

We have to do some work on PC analysis as you know (unless you have been avoiding the CCWG for the past week plus!).

I'd like to suggest we recruit a lead volunteer who can take responsibility for preparing a Public Comments analysis for the following sub-categories of our topics. The analysis this person (or persons - doesn't have to be a single person) provide has to answer the questions on Slide 4 of the attached.

The TIMING - the analysis has to be circulated to the WP by Sunday 4th October, so that people can review it before substantive calls this week.

This is except for the Budget power where we need to have a quick turnaround and I'd like to ask Jonathan Zuck if he will do this - Jonathan, can you help with this for budget etc in time for the next WP1 meeting (i.e. at least 12hrs before it)?

The areas we need volunteers for are:

1. Powers - Budget/Op/Strat plan (ZUCK PROPOSED - needed by 16h UTC on Thu 1 October)
2. Powers - Standard bylaws
3. Powers - Fundamental bylaws
4. Powers - individual director removal
5. Powers - whole board recall

6. AOC reviews into the bylaws (DELBIANCO PROPOSED)

7. Community Forum [this one is about further development of the proposal]

8. The Model (CMSM)

The what-you-need-to-do is in Slide 4 of the attached. It's about analysis of the public comments, identification of options and so on.

There is some staff analysis that helps you with this - so I would imagine you can do one of these pieces of work in about an hour. The model one might be more complex.

IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO LEAD WORK ON ANY OF THESE ITEMS, please let me and/or the list know.

Thanks,
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
InternetNZ

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz<mailto:jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz<http://www.internetnz.nz>

A better world through a better Internet