[independent review] FW: Independent Review

Thomas Rickert rickert at anwaelte.de
Sun Mar 15 20:49:24 UTC 2015

All,
I would like to echo Mathieu's suggestion to give it a try through our template.

The idea to have sort of a constitutional court only dealing with breaches of the "compact" is great.

You might remember that we have often discussed the analogy of a state in ICANN and the need to separate powers. I guess that the analogy to a state makes the accountability architecture very easy to understand and compelling since states are using such models for "ages".

Supporting this with the compact/constitution and having a judiciary/constitutional court sounds promising.

We might even contemplate having the constitutional court with very limited powers and independent review for other matters in addition to that.

Thomas

-

---
rickert.net