[WP2] Stress Test analysis on IRP

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jul 8 14:42:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

One of the key assumptions in this analysis is that the Board can refuse
the seating of an IRP or can refuse to be subject to being bound by the
IRP.  Is this the case?  If so, can that be fixed/changed?

Also another issue came up today of the IRP's power over the ACSO
themselves.  Today the ACSO are subject to the Board, and thus
indirectly to an IRP (ref. the question above).  I have been
understanding that if we have a membership model, the ACSO will be
'sovereign' entities no longer subject to the Board in the same manner
as they are now.  I also see nothing that makes them subject to any
method of redress by accountability mechanism.  Is my understanding
correct?  And if I am correct, how can we show the accountability of
SOAC, and can we show any formal method of appeal to the decisions and
practices, for example transparency, of these bodies?  It seems to me
that given the stress test posed by the NTIA we need to be able to so.
Is that correct?

thanks

avri